CyberGhost is one of the largest VPN providers and claim to have 20 million users. They provide some good features – they have a strict no logging policy which is important, they have a kill switch, which means your browsing will cut if your VPN tunnel (connection) stops working for any reason, and they offer a 30-day money back guarantee. Probably the biggest benefit of CyberGhost, is that their VPN stays connected all of the time, even when you’re away from and not actively using your computer. You do still have to manually connect to the VPN every time you turn your laptop on or wish to use the internet on your phone etc., which is very easy to forget to do, leaving you at risk. They have a user-friendly interface and are easy to set up. Their month by month pricing is expensive, however, they offer a 3-year package for £90, which works out as £2.50 per month- this is incredibly good value for a good VPN. It also includes same-time connection on up to 7 devices which is industry-leading. The full-time connection and pricing makes this a VPN to consider very seriously. They have live-time chat and email support.
Cyberghost is based in Bucharest, Romania. The company offers OpenVPN based proprietary client which can also be used with multiple other supported protocols. In 2017, CyberGhost was sold for $9.8 million and is now part of the Crossrider group.
Quick Feature Guide:
- 30-day Free Trial
- Multiple platform support
- Effective customer support
- Simultaneous connections
- 30-day money back guarantee
- No logs
- DNS and IP leak protection
- Multiple protocols supported
- Unlimited bandwidth and traffic
- High speed
- Allows P2P torrenting
Pros of using CyberGhost:
- Good Knowledge Base: The help option in CyberGhost provides a bunch of tutorials and easy to understand guides with a detailed step by step explanation. The contents are well segregated based on the topics
- Geographical Spread: CyberGhost has services spread across more than 60 countries. It is well-distributed worldwide
- Servers: It has a large number of servers spread across different location to guarantee high availability and faster speed. Currently, there are more than 1301 servers in total
- Multiple platform support: Supports multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS, Android
- Security and encryption: Supports industry standard AES-256 encryption
- Ease of use: It is extremely simple to use and is built with an intuitive user interface making it very simple for inexperienced users.
- Additional services: Also provided are a bundle of complementary tools such as do not track tool, ad blocker and force HTTPS tools. All these are free via browser extensions.
- P2P support: Allows P2P transfer with reasonably good speed
- Money Back Guarantee: It has a 30-day money back guarantee
- Simultaneous Connections: CyberGhost provides 5 simultaneous connections.
- Payment Options: Offers different payment options which include several well-known digital wallets and also bitcoins
- No Logs: CyberGhost does not store any customer related information and have a strict no log policy
- Leak protection: Protects against DNS and IP leaks
- Bandwidth: Imposes no restrictions on bandwidth and volume
Cons of using CyberGhost:
- Doesn’t have as many servers in different geographical locations as some other VPNs. The UK is very well covered, other countries less so which could slow down use depending on distances.
- Expensive for the one-month plan
- Some servers across different geographical locations block P2P transfers
- No added privacy or security features, for users not using CyberGhost’s browser extensions
- Customer support live chat is not available 24/7
CyberGhost provides three different pricing options-
|Number of months||Pricing||Additional Benefits|
|1 month||£10.99 per month||No specific benefit|
|12 months (1 year)||£4.49 per month||In total, you will be billed £53.88 annually|
|36 months (3 years)||£2.50 per month||In total, you will be billed £90 for 3 years which is incredible value
Most popular choice
30-day money back guarantee
Crypto Payment- they accept Bitcoin via Bitpay. They also let you pay by PayPal or credit card