CoinTracker and how to use it for your cryptocurrency investing.
This guide will get you started with how to download and use CoinTracker.
You can also download onto your phone.
What does CoinTracker do?
Makes your tax reports easier.
Syncs your balance, transactions from your wallets and exchanges.
Tracks the performance of your portfolio.
Tracks every transaction between all your wallets and exchanges.
You have a chose of signing up using Google, Coinbase or email.
- Choose your email and password and click register. Once this is done go to your email address and press the link provided.
- You will be taken to this page once you have signed in.
- You will need to add all wallets and exchanges to your account.
Don’t forget to add your country too.
Guide to adding an exchange to CoinTracker.
- Chose an exchange by clicking on ‘connect your exchange account.’
- Once you are on your trading exchange you need to look in settings for the API Keys.
Simply click on create a new API Key and it will also come with a secret, which you will need to add in the boxes below.
Please note that you will need to manually give permission for this information to be downloadable from your exchange.
- Once successful you will see this on your screen and will need to wait for the information to fully update.
- You will also be able to get your tax forms once it is fully updated.
You can add wallets by clicking on the wallets button.
- Now that you are ready to add a wallet press new wallet.
- Choose which cryptocurrency wallet you wish to add.
- Now add the PUBLIC wallet address and do not add Private keys by mistake.
- Press add wallet.
From here you can add or import a transaction and you can also download CSV file from an exchange.
- ADD transaction.
You can manually add a transaction here by clicking the Add Transaction button.
- IMPORT TRANSACTIONS.
You don’t really need to do this if you directly add wallets and
exchanges as shown above.
Once you have your wallets and exchanges linked you can press Download CSV and it automatically downloads it for you into an excel spreadsheet.